locations to explore
Top 10 things to do in Elounda this summer
"Start discovering the fascinating destination you have chosen"
5. Taste Crete through its wines One of the most quintessential things to do in Elounda and in all of Crete, is to taste the famed Cretan wines. Oenology is a great part of Cretan culture and it all starts from the vineyard! At Elounda Gulf Villas, we can arrange for you to visit traditional wineries for a tasting, and to get a feel for local wines through each individual variety as you discover the winemaking process from grape to glass.
6. Visit the picturesque Agios Nikolaos A seaside town that’s worth exploring, Agios Nikolaos is just a 15-minute drive from Elounda Gulf Villas and has a life of its own! From walks on its promenade to tours of its art galleries and photos taken from the verdant park overlooking Lake Voulismeni, the beautiful diversions hiding in its paved streets were made to be enjoyed.
7. Be inspired at the El Greco Museum The famed Renaissance painter El Greco is admired all over the world, and his birthplace is located just outside of Heraklion in the village of Fodele! The El Greco Museum is the ideal introduction to his life and work, with a collection of true copies of his most astonishing pieces on display here, just under an hour and a half from Elounda Gulf Villas by car.
8. Dive into Voulisma Beach A Cretan beach that’s reminiscent of an exotic paradise, Voulisma Beach is a cove of golden sands and blue-green waters that’s family friendly and located about 20 minutes away from the hotel. It’s surrounded by rolling cliffs covered in Mediterranean greenery, the perfect place to lay one’s blanket and take in the brilliant sunlight and lulling sound of the waves.
9. Be part of history at Knossos Palace Crete’s antiquity lives on in the ancient city of Knossos, built thousands of years ago by the Minoans surrounding a palace that’s still partially standing, hinting at a glorious past. Walk along these iconic ruins, dating back to the Neolithic period in 1900 BC, and learn about our island’s early beginnings; this gorgeous destination can be found just an hour’s drive from our hotel!
10. Simply take in the luxuriant joys of your Villa or Suite! Lounging by your privé pool in view of the Aegean Sea, enjoying in-villa meals prepared by your private chef or indulging in a massage below the shade of olive trees… All these wonderful experiences are just part of the pampering in store for you here at Elounda Gulf Villas! Some of the most magical moments await in the sublime comforts of our villas and suites, and it’s our greatest privilege to make your stay with us totally one of a kind.